ST. LOUIS - Lyle Overbay's single in the top of the 11th brought home Khris Davis with the winning run as the Milwaukee Brewers defeated the St. Louis Cardinals 5-4 in St. Louis Tuesday night.
With the score tied 4-4, Davis led off the 11th with a double off Cardinals' pitcher Kevin Siegrist.
Overbay then hit a single off the glove of St. Louis second baseman Mark Ellis that trickled into center field scoring Davis with the winning run.
Tyler Thornburg (3-0) picked up the win in relief and Francisco Rodriguez pitched the final inning for his 13th save in 13 chances so far this season.
The win put the Brewers season record at 20-7 and gives them a six-and-a-half game lead over the Cardinals in the National League Central Division.
The Brewers and Cardinals close out their series with a 12:45 pm start at Busch Stadium Wednesday afternoon.
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway to ban smoking in grandstands
- Pirates beat Cubs 6-5 as Ngoepe becomes first African in MLB