EVANSTON, IL - Northwestern running back Venric Mark, who was recently suspended for the first two games of the season, will transfer and wide receiver Christian Jones will miss the season with a knee injury.
Northwestern says Mark wants to play closer to his family.
Mark, who is from Tomball, Texas, missed most of last season with a broken ankle and was granted another year of eligibility.
As a junior in 2012, he ran for 1,366 yards and scored 15 touchdowns. He ranks fourth all-time at Northwestern with 4,271 all-purpose yards.
Mark was suspended last week for the first two games of the season for an unspecified violation of team rules.
Jones was the Wildcats' leading receiver last season with 54 catches for 668 yards and four touchdowns. He was injured in practice.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job