CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - Nate Buss was one of four players in double figures for Northern Iowa, scoring 17 points on 8-of-9 shooting to lead UNI over Milwaukee 72-61 on Saturday night.
Seth Tuttle scored 11 points and pulled five rebounds, Anthony James and Matt Bohannon each added 10 points, and UNI (4-3) shot an even 50 percent from the field. UNI held Milwaukee to just 40.7 percent from the field, but had trouble with Paris Gulley who scored 24 points.
Down 43-41 with 12:46 to play, Buss drove down the lane for a dunk and tied things up at 43, sparking an 18-5 run for UNI capped off by Marc Sonnen's 3-pointer, giving his team a 61-48 lead with 6:22 to play.
A Kyle Kelm lay-up pulled Milwaukee (2-5) within six of UNI with 4:01 to play at 63-57, but Bohannon's 3-pointer after the media timeout put UNI up 66-57 and the Panthers never looked back.
- Kawhi Leonard scores 29 as Spurs put out Grizzlies
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Pirates beat Cubs 6-5 as Ngoepe becomes first African in MLB