MILWAUKEE - Reserve forward Davante Gardner scored 17 points to lead No. 25 Marquette to a 69-62 victory over injury-depleted Seton Hall, which had just eight available players Wednesday night.
The Golden Eagles (13-3, 4-0 Big East), who moved into the AP Top 25 on Monday for the first time this season, got 12 points from Todd Mayo to win their season-high sixth straight game.
Vander Blue had 11 points and four assists as the three Golden Eagles combined to go 17 of 18 from the free throw line to claim their 19th consecutive home victory.
Aaron Cosby had 15 points for Seton Hall (12-6, 1-4), which never led in the game.
Haralds Karlis added 14 points and six rebounds for the Pirates, who dropped their season-high fourth straight game.
- Australian Open: Andy Murray cruises into 4th round
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61