MILWAUKEE - Reserve forward Davante Gardner scored 17 points to lead No. 25 Marquette to a 69-62 victory over injury-depleted Seton Hall, which had just eight available players Wednesday night.
The Golden Eagles (13-3, 4-0 Big East), who moved into the AP Top 25 on Monday for the first time this season, got 12 points from Todd Mayo to win their season-high sixth straight game.
Vander Blue had 11 points and four assists as the three Golden Eagles combined to go 17 of 18 from the free throw line to claim their 19th consecutive home victory.
Aaron Cosby had 15 points for Seton Hall (12-6, 1-4), which never led in the game.
Haralds Karlis added 14 points and six rebounds for the Pirates, who dropped their season-high fourth straight game.
- Reports: Larry Bird stepping down as Pacers president
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Bears trade up, take QB Mitch Trubisky with No. 2 pick