LINCOLN, Neb. - The collective eyebrows of Nebraska fans were raised when coach Bo Pelini publicly challenged his Cornhuskers to go 6-0 in their remaining regular-season games.
It's not that the goal is too ambitious -- even though no Nebraska team since 2001 has won six straight in the same season. No doubt, Big Red backers hungry for a first conference championship in 13 years hope it can be accomplished.
What caught people off guard is that Pelini issued his challenge moments after the humiliating 25-point loss at Ohio State, and it seemed to run counter to the coaching profession's one-game-at-a-time mantra.
Nine days later, Pelini wasn't backing off. The Huskers (4-2, 1-1 Big Ten), coming off a bye week, start their mission Saturday at Northwestern.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job