STOUGHTON, Wis. - Monroe's Kristin Vetterli hit a two-run homer in the top of the seventh inning to lead the Cheesemakers to a 2-1 win at Stoughton in a Badger South Conference girls softball game Thursday afternoon.
Stoughton took a 1-0 lead in the first inning on Sarah Seaton's RBI single and it stayed that way until the seventh.
That's when Vetterli lined a home run over the left center field fence.
Monroe is now 8-1 and in first place in the Badger South. Stoughton is 5-5 in the conference.
- Anteokounmpo named NBA All-Star starter
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Blackmon's 3-pointer lifts Indiana over Penn State, 78-75
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame