MADISON - The top teams in the Big Eight Conference are heading for showdowns in the regional finals of the WIAA boys basketball tournament Saturday.
On Friday night, Madison Memorial led by only seven at halftime against Madison West, but opened the second half with a 20-1 run. Memorial went on to win 87-54.
At Middleton, the Cardinals held off a pesky Madison West team, 46-42.
Sun Prairie defeated Oconomowoc, 51-46.
Madison LaFollette beat Watertown 55-46 in another regional semifinal.
Saturday's regional final schedule includes Middleton (13-10) at Sun Prairie (20-3) and Madison La Follette (12-11) at Madison Memorial (19-4).
- Anteokounmpo named NBA All-Star starter
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Blackmon's 3-pointer lifts Indiana over Penn State, 78-75
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame