ANN ARBOR, Mich. - Michigan coach Brady Hoke has suspended cornerback J.T. Floyd, punter Will Hagerup, and linebacker Brandin Hawthorne for a violation of team rules.
Hoke said in an announcement Sunday that the three players will not travel with the 19th-ranked Wolverines for the Outback Bowl against No. 11 South Carolina because each of them used poor judgment. He didn't specify which team rules were broken.
Floyd is a starting cornerback and Hagerup is the team's top punter. Hawthorne is a backup linebacker.
Hoke said it's an honor to play football for the University of Michigan and there are high standards and expectations for everyone that represents the program.
- McGrady, Webber, Hardaway, Moncrief among 14 basketball HOF finalists
- No. 1 Badgers skate to 1-1 tie with No. 4 Golden Gophers
- Wisconsin women beat Scarlet Knights, 53-41
- McDade leads Monona Grove to WIAA swim title
- Edgewood stops Monroe, shares title
- Butler lifts Bulls to 104-103 victory over Celtics