EAST LANSING, Mich. - Michigan State coach Tom Izzo says his team has a chance to go from good to great.
Izzo hasn't always believed that this season.
The Spartans stayed at No. 13 in The Associated Press' poll on Monday.
Izzo saw a lot that he didn't like when Michigan State won 17 of its first 20 games. He was more encouraged about a 75-70 loss Sunday at Indiana that snapped a six-game winning streak.
The Spartans were down by two points late in the game despite their leading scorer, Keith Appling, having fouled out.
Michigan State hosts Illinois on Thursday.
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot