MADISON, Wis. - It's not every day you get the No. 1 and No. 2 teams in the state facing each other but that's the case Friday as the top two boys swimming teams in the state go head to head. It's No. 1 Madison Memorial at No. 2 Madison West.
It's a jam packed pool; a tight fit but always great to watch.
In the 200 yard freestyle, it's a great finish and West's Roy Weng taking first at the wire over Memorial's Rory Sanchez.
After that, Memorial starts to dominate. In the 200 individual medley, the Spartans' Jeremy Temprano blows away the field with a 1:55.04 -- that's a pool record time. In fact, Memorial set five pool records.
In the 50 freestyle, another pool record is set as Nick Menninga takes first place with a time of 21.43 seconds.
Madison Memorial wins 103.5 to 66.5.
The Spartans have now won 123 straight Big 8 dual meets.
- Anteokounmpo named NBA All-Star starter
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Blackmon's 3-pointer lifts Indiana over Penn State, 78-75
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame