EUGENE, OR - Mary Massei hit a solo homer in the sixth inning to give the Wisconsin Badgers a 1-0 win over Albany in the opening game of the Eugene Regional of the NCAA Softball Tournament.
Massei lined the first pitch of the at bat over the left field fence - one of only two hits for the Badgers in the game.
Albany had the tying run on second with two out in the seventh, but catcher Chloe Miller threw out the runner trying to advance to end the game.
Cassandra Darrah pitched a complete game four hitter, walking two and striking out six.
Wisconsin will play Oregon in the winners bracket Saturday afternoon at 12:30 pm CT.
- Thunder's Kanter wants to be US citizen, getting death threats
- Bryant smacks 2 HRs to back Arrieta; Cubs rout Brewers 13-6
- Badgers fall short in NCAA Regional Championship
- Bradley's 3-pointer gives Celtics 111-108 win over Cavs
- Brewers 1B Eric Thames leaves Cubs game with leg cramping
- Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun activated from 10-day DL