MILWAUKEE - Markus Howard had 22 points and Katin Reinhardt made four free throws in the final 29 seconds of overtime to help Marquette beat Seton Hall 89-86 on Wednesday night.
The Golden Eagles (11-5, 2-2 Big East) took the lead for good at 79-78 on Howard's pair of free throws with 3:57 left in overtime.
The Pirates (12-4, 2-2) hung close and could have forced another overtime on Myles Powell's 3-point attempt that missed long at the buzzer.
Haanif Cheatham added 17 points for Marquette. Luke Fischer had 14 points and Jajuan Johnson 12.
Seton Hall trailed by 10 with 3:53 left in the second half and was still down 74-67 with 46 seconds left before using a 10-3 run to force overtime.
Khadeen Carrington scored the final seven points of that burst, including a pull-up jumper that tied it with 2.7 seconds left.
Desi Rodriguez led Seton hall with a career-high 30 points and Carrington added 22.
Angel Delgado had 14 points and tied a career-high with 19 rebounds for his 10th consecutive double-double.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job