LAHAINA, Hawaii - Vander Blue scored 18 points and Davante Gardner had a double-double as Marquette won big over Mississippi State 89-62 on Tuesday in its second game at the Maui Invitational.
Marquette (3-1) never trailed, and the Bulldogs never trailed by less than 10 points after the opening minutes.
Gardner finished with 15 points and 12 rebounds.
Mississippi State didn't score in the first four minutes as Marquette built an 8-0 lead. Gavin Ware hit a jumper and Craig Sword had a steal and dunk to make it 8-4, but Marquette responded by scoring 10 straight points in less than two minutes.
Mississippi State (1-3) had 22 turnovers -- 15 in the first half. Fred Thomas had 17 points for the Bulldogs.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job