MILWAUKEE - Marco Estrada pitched five scoreless innings and Jonathan Lucroy hit a two-run double, leading the Milwaukee Brewers past the Kansas City Royals 7-2 on Saturday.
The Royals managed only two hits off Estrada, who retired his last 10 batters. Estrada finished the spring by pitching 17 consecutive shutout innings.
Lucroy, who struggled at the plate this spring, connected off hard-throwing starter Yordano Ventura with two outs in the third.
Aramis Ramirez with 1 for 2 with an RBI for the Brewers. Logan Schafer had three hits and two RBIs. Minor leaguer Michael Ratterree hit a solo home run in the seventh.
Kansas City scored two ninth-inning runs off reliever Francisco Rodriguez.
The Brewers finished the spring 13-18, while the Royals went 12-16-2.
- Reports: Larry Bird stepping down as Pacers president
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Bears trade up, take QB Mitch Trubisky with No. 2 pick