MADISON - Stoughton's Cade Bunnell homered and drove in three runs as the Madison Mallards defeated the Fond du Lac Dock Spiders 11-6 on opening night in the Northwoods League at Warner Park Tuesday night.
Weimer Brock and Doran Turchin also homered for the Mallards in support of winning pitcher Heath Renz of Jefferson.
Fond du Lac is a new franchise in the Northwoods League.
The Mallards began their 17th season in Madison Tuesday night.
- Marquette wins first game in Maui, 94-83 vs. VCU
- Jim Thome, Chipper Jones head Hall of Fame ballot
- Bo Ryan inducted into College Basketball Hall of Fame
- Ravens shutout Packers, 23-0
- Badgers remain fifth in AP football poll
- Badgers stay undefeated with 24-10 win over Michigan, make case for playoff spot