WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. - After a day off, the Madison Mallards had a successful return to work winning at Wisconsin Rapids 7-4 Tuesday night.
Mallard pitchers Brandon Barker, Danny Sullivan and Hobie McClain allowed just two hits in the first eight innings. John Hamilton allowed two runs in the ninth but retired the final batter to end the game.
Jose Trevino hit a two-run homer in the second inning..
With the win, the Mallards move ahead of the Rafters into 5th place in the Northwoods League South Division standings. The Mallards are now 16-18, the Rafters are 15-18.
- Ilie Nastase suspended from tennis after Fed Cup outbursts
- Despite late runs, Cardinals beat Brewers, 6-4
- Badgers fall to Wolverines in series finale
- Thomas scores 33, Celtics beat Bulls 104-95 to tie series
- Hicks, Fulmer and Tigers rout slumping Twins 13-4
- Bronson Arroyo goes 6 innings, leads Reds over Cubs 7-5