WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. - After a day off, the Madison Mallards had a successful return to work winning at Wisconsin Rapids 7-4 Tuesday night.
Mallard pitchers Brandon Barker, Danny Sullivan and Hobie McClain allowed just two hits in the first eight innings. John Hamilton allowed two runs in the ninth but retired the final batter to end the game.
Jose Trevino hit a two-run homer in the second inning..
With the win, the Mallards move ahead of the Rafters into 5th place in the Northwoods League South Division standings. The Mallards are now 16-18, the Rafters are 15-18.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot