KALAMAZOO, MI - The Madison Mallards scored four runs in the first inning on the way to a 7-4 win at Kalamazoo in a Northwoods League baseball game Monday night.
Pete Alonso got the scoring started with a two-run single and two more runs came in on an error and a fielders choice.
Mallards pitcher Kirby Snead (3-0) pitched six innings allowing four hits and only one earned run.
Tim Black retired the only batter he faced in the ninth to earn his 12th save.
Connor Marabell and Trace Tam Sing both had two hits for the Mallards.
R. Colegate (1-3) took the loss for the Growlers.
The Mallards are 5-2 in the second half of the Northwoods League season and will play at Wisconsin Rapids Tuesday night.
- Anteokounmpo named NBA All-Star starter
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Blackmon's 3-pointer lifts Indiana over Penn State, 78-75
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame