BATTLE CREEK, MI - The Madison Mallards scored on a throwing error to defeat the Battle Creek Bombers 1-0 in Battle Creek, Michigan Monday night.
Mallards starting pitcher Sterling Sharp pitched six scoreless innings giving up just two hits and striking out nine.
Tim Black pitched the ninth for his third save in his last three appearances.
The Mallards (10-4) move into a first place tie in the Northwoods League South Division.
Tuesday night, the Mallards return home to Warner Park to face the Lakeshore Chinooks at 7:05.
- Kawhi Leonard scores 29 as Spurs put out Grizzlies
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Pirates beat Cubs 6-5 as Ngoepe becomes first African in MLB