BATTLE CREEK, MI - Luke Staub didn't allow an earned run in seven and two-thirds innings of work as the Madison Mallards defeated the Battle Creek Bombers 3-1 in Battle Creek Tuesday night.
Staub gave up just five hits, one walk and an unearned run in lowering his season ERA to 0.96.
Hunter May pitched the final inning and a third to notch his sixth save of the season.
Mike Fitzgerald hit his fourth home run of the season and John LaPrise had two hits and an RBI to pace the Mallards offense.
The Mallards are now 12-7 in the South Division. Battle Creek's record evens at 10-10.
The Mallards wrap up their road trip with a game at Green Bay Wednesday night. They'll return to Warner Park to play the Bullfrogs Thursday night.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job