MADISON, Wis. - Madison Mallards (10-7) lost the Father's Day game 7-4 Sunday to the Green Bay Bullfrogs (8-11).
The Bullfrogs' second baseman Bryant Burleson ended the Mallards' three-game winning streak by hitting a three-run home run in the top of the tenth inning, according to a release.
Burleson's game-winning home run came with two outs and runners on first and third with Mallards reliever Hunter may on the mound.
Mallards catcher Mike Fitzgerald got the Mallards on the board early by singling in right fielder Drew Weeks in the second. Center fielder Tate Matheny provided the rest of the offense for the Mallards, as he had a three-run home run in the fifth off of Bullfrogs starter Derek Callahan. It was his fifth home run of the season.
The Mallards will be on the road starting Tuesday for a three-game road trip that includes two games against the Battle Creek Bombers and another against the Bullfrogs. Monday and Tuesday's games with the Bombers are scheduled to start at 6:05 p.m. while Wednesday's game will begin at 7:05 p.m.
- Kawhi Leonard scores 29 as Spurs put out Grizzlies
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Pirates beat Cubs 6-5 as Ngoepe becomes first African in MLB