MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Mallards completed a two-game sweep of their opening season of the year by beating the Battle Creek Bombers 7-1 on Thursday at the Duck Pond in Warner Park.
A strong start by right-hander Matt LaMothe keyed the victory for the Mallards. Lamothe only gave up one run and three hits over five innings of work.
Four innings of scoreless relief by the Mallards bullpen helped secure the win.
The Mallards got a 1-0 lead in the first, then continued the offensive onslaught with three more in the second. Tyler Marincov and JeffZimmermann got RBI's for the Mallards.
The Mallards hope to keep their winning streak going Friday, when they play the La Crosse Loggers at the Duck Pond.
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot