MADISON - The Mallards beat Battle Creek 9-4 Saturday night at Warner Park. It almost didn't happen though, as they dug themselves into a 3-0 hole to start the game.
Those first three runs came from one swing of the bat from Rouric Bridgewater. His three-run homer to left opened up a 3-0 lead for the Bombers.
The Mallards were quick to respond. In the second inning, Erik Forgione, Ryan McShane, and Luke Meeteer provided RBIs for the Mallards and Madison took a 4-3 lead.
They didn't look back from there, scoring two in the third, and three more runs in the seventh to win 9-4
The bottom of the order carried Madison Saturday, as eight of their nine runs were batted in by batter five through nine in the lineup.
The Mallards host Mankato Sunday at 5:05 p.m.
- Kawhi Leonard scores 29 as Spurs put out Grizzlies
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Pirates beat Cubs 6-5 as Ngoepe becomes first African in MLB