GREEN BAY - The Madison Mallards scored twice in the third inning, then held off a ninth-inning rally to beat the Bullfrogs 2-1 in Green Bay Friday night.
The Mallards took a 2-0 lead in the third on RBI's from John LaPrise and Mike Reuvekamp.
After that, five Mallards pitchers held the Bullfrogs scoreless until the bottom of the ninth.
Starting pitcher Andrew Arenson went five innings, Sam Forkert pitched the sixth and Corey Fischer and Jack Livingston took care of the seventh and eighth.
Closer Hunter May was handed a 2-0 lead and allowed a run on a wild pitch to cut the lead to one. But May got Boomer White to fly out to right for the final out and the Mallards hung on for the 2-1 win.
- Kawhi Leonard scores 29 as Spurs put out Grizzlies
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Pirates beat Cubs 6-5 as Ngoepe becomes first African in MLB