MADISON, Wis. - The Mallards were back in town Friday night to host the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters. In a tightly contested game, the Mallards held on for a 4-2 win.
The Mallards got the scoring started in the second inning when Tyler Huntey sent a fly ball down the left field line and into the cheap seats. The solo home run made it 1-0 Madison.
In the top of the third, the Rafters tied things up at 1-1 when Zack Domingues scored on a balk.
In the fifth inning, Alex Bacon delivered another home run to give the Mallards a 2-1 lead.
That lead held until the top of the seventh inning, when Cullen Gassaway scored from third on a pass ball. In the bottom of the frame, Trent Higgenbothem's single drove in Cody Stevens and the Mallards went back on top 3-2.
The Mallards tacked on another run in the eighth and used a double play in the ninth inning to win it 4-2.
- Anteokounmpo named NBA All-Star starter
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Blackmon's 3-pointer lifts Indiana over Penn State, 78-75
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame