MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Mallards reestablished their dominance over the Eau Claire Express Tuesday night, as they jumped to an early lead on their way to a 6-2 victory at the "Duck Pond."
The Mallards have now beaten Eau Claire 21 times in the last 23 games going back to 2009.
Cam Verbeke walked one and allowed two hits in six innings to pick up the victory, going to 4-1 on the season.
Four batters got two hits each for the Mallards, who are now 5-2 in the second half after winning the Northwoods League - Southern Division in the first half.
The Mallards start a two-game series against the Wisconsin Woodchucks Wednesday in Wausau. The second game of the series will take place at the "Duck Pond" on Thursday starting at 7:05 p.m.
- Reports: Larry Bird stepping down as Pacers president
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Bears trade up, take QB Mitch Trubisky with No. 2 pick