MADISON, Wis. - Tom Verdi hit a two-run homer in the bottom of the 12th inning Friday night as the Madison Mallards defeated the Eau Claire Express 8-6 at Warner Park..
Danny Sullivan improved to 2-1 on the year by picking up the win for the Madison Mallards. He struck out none, walked none and surrendered one hit.
Josh Scheffert hit two home runs for the Eau Claire Express (11-25). Scheffert went 3-5 in the game with four RBIs and two runs scored. Scheffert homered in the eighth and tenth innings.
Tyler Marincov racked up three RBIs on four hits for the Madison Mallards. He homered in the fifth inning, singled in the first and sixth innings, and doubled in the eleventh inning.
The Mallards are now 2-0 to start the second half of the Northwoods League season.
- Ilie Nastase suspended from tennis after Fed Cup outbursts
- Despite late runs, Cardinals beat Brewers, 6-4
- Badgers fall to Wolverines in series finale
- Thomas scores 33, Celtics beat Bulls 104-95 to tie series
- Hicks, Fulmer and Tigers rout slumping Twins 13-4
- Bronson Arroyo goes 6 innings, leads Reds over Cubs 7-5