EAU CLAIRE, Wis. - The Madison Mallards made sure they packed their good bats for a one game road trip to Eau Claire Monday.
The team pounded out 20 hits against the Eau Claire Express, which helped them get an easy 12-5 win.
The Mallards scored in bunches Monday, getting four runs in the second, two in the fourth, and three in both the sixth and ninth innings Monday.
The Mallards' bullpen also played a key role in the victory. They only gave up three hits and no runs in the last 6 2/3 innings after starting pitcher Shawn Hunter gave up five runs in the first 2 1/3.
The Mallards return home Tuesday night as they try to sweep the Express at the "Duck Pond." First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 pm.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job