WILLMAR, MN - The Madison Mallards dug an early hole and couldn't get out of it as they lost at Willmar Wednesday night, 4-2.
Danny Brennan hit a two-run homer in the first inning off Mallards starter Reilly Hovis. Colton Bottomley followed with a run-scoring single as the Stingers took a 3-0 lead.
Geonte Jackson had the only RBI of the night for the Mallards. He went 2-4 in the game.
The Mallards outhit the Stingers 10-6, but with the loss split the series with Willmar at a game apiece.
Madison moves on to play at Mankato against the Moon Dogs Thursday and Friday nights before returing home to Warner Park to face Lakeshore Saturday night.
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Davante Adams the latest Packer injury concern
- Late surge helps #17 Wisconsin beat Michigan
- Hinostroza rallies Blackhawks to 6-4 win over Avalanche
- Steelers' Brown apologizes for locker room video
- Rodgers appears on cover of Sports Illustrated