EAU CLAIRE - The Eau Claire Express handed the Madison Mallards a 12-5 loss in the first game of the second half of the Northwoods League season at Carson Park in Eau Claire Thursday night.
The Mallards outhit the Express 10-9, but Eau Claire had two big innings, scoring five times in both the third and seventh.
Mallards starting pitcher Greg Walsh (4-1) was hit hard allowing seven runs, six earned, on five hits in four innings.
John LaPrise, Joe McCarthy, Drew Weeks and Geonte Jackson all had two hits for the Mallards.
Express starter Paul Voelker (2-1)gave up two runs on five hits in five innings to get the win.
The Mallards return home to Warner Park to host Eau Claire in a doubleheader starting at 4:05 pm Friday afternoon.
- Australian Open 2017: Nadal beats Zverev in four-hour epic
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job