MEQUON, Wis. - The Madison Mallards have dropped their fourth straight game Thursday, as they lost 6-4 to the Lakeshore Chinooks.
Mallards pitcher Sam Forkert only went four innings Thursday, giving up three runs on three hits. The Chinooks added two more in the fifth against reliever Will Lamarche.
The Mallards made a game of it by coming back in the sxith inning. Jose Trevino got an RBI single, which was followed by a three-run homer by first basemen Jeff Zimmermann to close the gap to 5-4.
But that's as close as the Mallards could come to getting the victory.
The Mallards will return home on Saturday. That night will be Jani-King Air Freshener Night and will also feature Post-Game Fireworks presented by Budweiser.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot