WAUSAU - Sunday in Wausau, the Mallards bounced back from Saturday's loss with a 7-1 win over the Wisconsin Woodchucks.
The Mallards were a model of consistency in Sunday's game, scoring a run in the second, third and fourth innings, two runs in the sixth, and one more in the seventh.
Six batters registered hits for Madison as three players had a multi-hit game. Drew Weeks led the way, going 2-5 with a double and 2 RBI.
Reilly Hovis pitched for the Mallards, lasting six innings, giving up no runs and striking out six.
The Mallards have the next three days off for the All-Star Break.
Five Mallards will play in this year's All-Star Game, which will take place Tuesday in Eau Claire.
- Ilie Nastase suspended from tennis after Fed Cup outbursts
- Despite late runs, Cardinals beat Brewers, 6-4
- Badgers fall to Wolverines in series finale
- Thomas scores 33, Celtics beat Bulls 104-95 to tie series
- Hicks, Fulmer and Tigers rout slumping Twins 13-4
- Bronson Arroyo goes 6 innings, leads Reds over Cubs 7-5