MADISON - The Madison Mallards scored three runs in the fourth inning to post a 7-5 win over the La Crosse Loggers in a Northwoods League baseball game at Warner Park Thursday night.
Alex Pondick (1-0) pitched into the fifth inning allowing three hits and four runs to get the victory. Tim Black pitched the final two innings, striking out four batters to get the save.
With the Loggers leading 2-1, the Mallards turned the game around in the fourth..
Michael Handel walked with one out, stole second and came home on Drew Carlie's single. After a ground out, Will Krug doubled to drive in Carlie and Alex Bacon followed with a single to score Krug.
The Mallards are now 2-1 on the season, La Crosse is also 2-1.
The Loggers and Mallards close out their series at Warner Park Friday night.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot