The Madison Capitols are returning to Madison in the fall of 2014.
The new ownership, Madtown Hockey, LLC was introduced Tuesday at Madison Ice Arena.
They include Ryan Suter, now with the Minnesota Wild, Tom Sagissor, who played for the Badgers NCAA championship team in 1990.
"I am so excited about the USHL playing in Madison where I have so many friends, memories and deep hockey roots," said Suter. "This is a new and unique opportunity for me to be an owner and investor and I believe in the product and the great staff that is being assembled. I look forward to the first game and the support of the great hockey fans in the Madison area."
The Capitols will be members of the United States Hockey League that includes teams like the Green Bay Gamblers and Omaha Lancers. The Capitols previously played in the USHL from 1984 to 1995.
Veteran's Memorial Coliseum at Alliant Energy Center will be the home for Capitols games when they begin play in next fall.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot