MADISON - The La Crosse Loggers pounded Madison Mallards pitching for 19 hits and 11 runs Friday night as the Loggers defeated the Mallards 11-9 at Warner Park.
It was the fourth straight loss for the Mallards and the third straight game they allowed 10 or more runs.
The Loggers took a 4-0 lead in the second behind a two-run single by Mike Nadratowski.
The Mallards battled back with two in the third and four in the fourth to take a 6-5 lead.
But Kevin Zak hit a solo homer in the top of the fifth and Nick Kanavas put La Crosse back in front with an RBI single.
Madison made one more rally scoring a run in the seventh and two more in the eighth. Drew Weeks drove in one and another run scored on an error on the play.
But Loggers closer Onas Farfan closed out the game with a scoreless ninth to give La Crosse the 11-9 win in the first game of the series.
- Australian Open: Andy Murray cruises into 4th round
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61