LODI, Wis. - This is WIAA state boys' basketball tournament week at the Kohl center. It starts Thursday and runs through Saturday.
Lodi will play East Troy in the division three semifinals Friday at 10:45 a.m.
Last year, Lodi was at state for the first time, and suffered a crushing 59-30 defeat at the hands of eventual state champion Brillion. The blue devils said that's not going to happen this time.
"It was very embarrassing last year - we all know it-- we're going to win the son of a gun now," said Lodi basketball player Donnie Manke. "We're not just there to be there. we're not happy just to get there. We want to win the gold ball now and hold that up."
The local teams playing this week include Randolph against Elmwood and Cuba City against Dominican Thursday. Friday's games include Lodi-East Troy and Stoughton-Wisconsin Lutheran. It's the first trip for Stoughton to the state boys' basketball tournament in 74 years.
- Anteokounmpo named NBA All-Star starter
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Blackmon's 3-pointer lifts Indiana over Penn State, 78-75
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame