TALLADEGA, Ala. - Matt Kenseth left another restrictor plate race pondering what could have been.
Leading far more laps than anybody else, Kenseth was overtaken on the two-lap overtime sprint Sunday by winner David Ragan and others at Talladega Superspeedway.
Kenseth finished eighth after 190-plus mostly terrific laps and a frustrating finale. No wonder Kenseth described the day as both encouraging and exasperating.
He led 142 laps, while Jimmie Johnson was second among the lap leaders with 16.
Kenseth also led a race-high 86 laps at Daytona in February before engine problems led to a 37th-place finish.
He apologized to team owner Joe Gibbs outside the hauler. Kenseth, who won on both big speedways last year, refused to blame the lengthy rain delay, wet conditions, or fading light at the finish.
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway to ban smoking in grandstands
- Pirates beat Cubs 6-5 as Ngoepe becomes first African in MLB