MADISON, Wis. - Before becoming a big leaguer, Jose Canseco played for the Madison Muskies in 1983. He then moved on to an MLB career that included more than 400 home runs and an AL MVP.
Saturday Canseco returned to Warner Park to sign some autographs and take pictures with fans. He was surprised at the growth of Madison baseball.
"The ballpark looks gorgeous. It looks like they have done a lot of upgrades here. Everything looks kind of different. The outfield looks different. It looks like they brought in the fence a little bit, the grandstand, the seats, everything looks brand new."
Canseco said he also got to see the sights of State St. during his return.
The night didn't end happily for the Mallards. They lost to the Chinooks 3-1.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot