Miami, FL - LeBron James scored 27 points on 9 for 11 shooting, Ray Allen scored 20 off the bench and the Miami Heat never trailed on the way to beating the Milwaukee Bucks 110-87 in Game 1 of an Eastern Conference first-round series on Sunday night.
Dwyane Wade scored 16, Chris Bosh added 15 and Chris Andersen finished with 10 on 4 for 4 shooting for the Heat, who opened their title defense by holding Milwaukee to 42 percent shooting.
Brandon Jennings scored 26 points and Monta Ellis added 22 for the Bucks, who have not won the opening game of a playoff series since May 2001.
Game 2 is Tuesday in Miami.
- Reports: Larry Bird stepping down as Pacers president
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Bears trade up, take QB Mitch Trubisky with No. 2 pick