The Madison West boys soccer team jumped out to an early lead and held on to defeat Middleton in a WIAA boys soccer regional championship game at Firefighter's Park in Middleton Thursday night.
Already leading 1-0, West captain Woo Jin Jeon scored on a free kick to put the Regents ahead 2-0 in the 26th minute.
Middleton would answer with a free kick goal by their captain, Jack Hagstrom in the 53rd minute.
But that would end the scoring and West won 2-1.
The Regents move on to the sectional final against the winner of the Verona-Madison Memorial game which was postponed to Friday at 7 pm.
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Davante Adams the latest Packer injury concern
- Late surge helps #17 Wisconsin beat Michigan
- Hinostroza rallies Blackhawks to 6-4 win over Avalanche
- Steelers' Brown apologizes for locker room video
- Rodgers appears on cover of Sports Illustrated