The Madison West boys soccer team jumped out to an early lead and held on to defeat Middleton in a WIAA boys soccer regional championship game at Firefighter's Park in Middleton Thursday night.
Already leading 1-0, West captain Woo Jin Jeon scored on a free kick to put the Regents ahead 2-0 in the 26th minute.
Middleton would answer with a free kick goal by their captain, Jack Hagstrom in the 53rd minute.
But that would end the scoring and West won 2-1.
The Regents move on to the sectional final against the winner of the Verona-Madison Memorial game which was postponed to Friday at 7 pm.
- Ilie Nastase suspended from tennis after Fed Cup outbursts
- Despite late runs, Cardinals beat Brewers, 6-4
- Badgers fall to Wolverines in series finale
- Thomas scores 33, Celtics beat Bulls 104-95 to tie series
- Hicks, Fulmer and Tigers rout slumping Twins 13-4
- Bronson Arroyo goes 6 innings, leads Reds over Cubs 7-5