MIDDLETON, Wis. - Thursday night at Breitenbach Stadium, Waunakee avenged last year's loss, running through Madison Edgewood 49-21.
The Warriors got off to a good start as the offensive line opened up a gaping hole and Troy Laufenberg galloped into the end zone for the first touchdown of the season.
Later, with Edgewood trailing 21-6, Jack Dunn knifed his way through the Waunakee defense and scored to make it 21-13.
From there, it was more Laufenberg. He found the pylon to make it 28-13, and the Warriors never looked back.
Laufenberg tallied five touchdowns in Waunakee's 49-21 win.
- James returns, Cavs beat Bucks, 102-95
- Badgers drop to 22nd in AP poll
- Usain Bolt: 'No hard feelings' after losing Olympic gold
- Madison Memorial, Sun Prairie move up two spots in final AP poll
- Towns, Wiggins combine for 56 in Wolves' 102-88 win vs Kings
- Wild beat Kings 5-4 on Granlund's overtime winner