MADISON, Wis. - Sun Prairie's softball team's stay at the WIAA State tournament ended with a 6-0 loss to Westosha Central in the Division One quarterfinals Thursday afternoon.
The Cardinals could get only two hits off Westosha Central pitcher Sarah Fonk. Fonk, a University of Wisconsin recruit, struck out 10 and walked only one as she shut down the normally potent Sun Prairie bats.
Westosha Central freshman Kayla Konwent was the hitting star. She had a three-run homer and a two-run double to drive in five runs.
Sun Prairie ends the season with a 22-3 record.
Westosha Central will play Menomonee Falls in the Division One semifinals Friday night at eight.Sun Prairie's softball season ends at state
- Kawhi Leonard scores 29 as Spurs put out Grizzlies
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Pirates beat Cubs 6-5 as Ngoepe becomes first African in MLB