MIDDLETON, Wis. - Thursday, Prep Mania's game of the Week visited Middleton, where the Cardinals traded blows with Sun Prairie for nearly two hours and firty-five minutes before Michael Marchese's infield single gave Sun Prairie an 8-7 win.
The Cardinals vs. Cardinals tilt was truly a back-and-forth affair. In the fourth inning of a 3-3 tie, Sun Prairie's Michael Brekke hit a grounder to first base, but the throw to second base was off the mark and two scored for the visiting Cardinals to make it 5-3.
In the bottom of the fourth, Middleton returned the favor. Kasey Miller hit a grounder to shortstop, which was mishandled and Middleton reclaimed the lead.
The teams traded runs until they were tied 7-7 in the seventh inning. It was then that Sun Prairie's Michael Marchese hit a grounder to short and the throw to first base was late. A run scored for the Cardinals and they won 8-7.
- Anteokounmpo named NBA All-Star starter
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Blackmon's 3-pointer lifts Indiana over Penn State, 78-75
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame