MADISON, Wis. - It took them a little longer to do it than normal, but the members of the Ridgewood swim team are All-City Swim Meet champions for the third straight year.
Ridgewood beat Middleton 2003 to 1876 in the three day event at the Hawks Landing pool on Madison's far West Side.
The meet wasn't decided until 7:15 p.m. Saturday, due to a four hour rain delay.
Ridgewood fielded the largest team ever in All-City history, bringing 266 swimmers to the meet.
Monona came in third, followed by Parkcrest.
Shorewood, who came in to the All-City meet undefeated, ended up fifth, 2 1/2 points ahead of Seminole.
Next year, the 13 teams of the Madison All-City league will head to Middleton for the annual meet.
- Australian Open 2017: Novak Djokovic stunned by Denis Istomin
- Harden leads Rockets past Bucks, 111-92
- Packers WR Adams not expected to practice until weekend
- Bagwell, Raines, Rodriguez elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Peaches and cheese: Governors place bet on Falcons-Packers
- Ohio St. steals 67-66 win from Nebraska on last-second shot