VERONA - The Madison Edgewood girls golf team won the WIAA State Division Two Girls Golf Championship and junior Caroline Lake was the individual winner Tuesday at University Ridge in Verona.
Lake won the championship by 16 shots over Marinette's Abby Dufrane.
Edgewood's Tess Hackworthy would have finished second, but signed an incorrect scorecard and was disqualified.
Lake followed Tuesday's round of 73 with a sparkling four-under 68 in the final round.
Edgewood's team total of 681 (105 over par) was 21 shots better than second place Fox Valley Lutheran.
In Division One, Verona's Jessica Reinecke won her second straight individual state championship by four shots over Homestead's Anika Hitt. Reinecke shot 68 Monday and 74 Tuesday to take another state title.
Arrowhead won the division one state team championship with a score of 638 - 62 over par. Verona was second (648, +72) while Middleton (655, +79) was third. Janesville Parker (705, +129) finished sixth.
- James returns, Cavs beat Bucks, 102-95
- Badgers drop to 22nd in AP poll
- Usain Bolt: 'No hard feelings' after losing Olympic gold
- Madison Memorial, Sun Prairie move up two spots in final AP poll
- Towns, Wiggins combine for 56 in Wolves' 102-88 win vs Kings
- Wild beat Kings 5-4 on Granlund's overtime winner