Madison, Wis. - The division one girls softball tournament begins next week but Thursday afternoon at Olbrich park second ranked Sun Prairie and fifth ranked Lafollette met in a game that had all the excitement and intensity of a playoff game.
This game saw two great pitchers. Sun Prairie's Kristen Hoppman had 15 strike outs and Lafollette Nicole Newman had 14 strikeouts.
In the 5th Sun Prairie's Briana Pedersen singles to score Katelyn Huemmer. It's one nothing until the 7th.
With two outs, Lancer catcher Amy Lanzendorf singles to score Newman and tie the game at one.
The game goes to extras and in the 9th they have to switch fields because the rubber on the pitching mound comes off.
In the bottom of the 11th Lafollette loads the bases and Lanzendorf takes the walk and Lafollette win 2-1.VIDEO: Lancers softball rallies to beat Cardinals in 11 innings
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Manziel claims sobriety, targets NFL chance
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job