GREEN BAY, Wis. - Kennedy Blahnik scored 17 points and grabbed nine rebounds as Algoma beat Colfax 46-30 to win the WIAA Division 4 championship Saturday.
The Wolves (26-2) won their first WIAA state title after placing runner-up in 2011.
In a wild opening half where there were eight lead changes, Colfax (26-2) led 13-11 after the first quarter. Algoma went on a 6-0 run to go up 17-13. The Vikings came back to tie it at 20, but Algoma scored the final basket of the half to take a 22-20 advantage.
Colfax, which scored just 10 points in the second half, hit just one of 16 3-pointers in the game and shot 30 percent from the field. Algoma was 39 percent shooting for the game.
Braanna Steen scored 12 points to lead Colfax.
- No new names join Packers during first round of NFL draft
- Steelers select TJ Watt with 30th pick
- Ryan Ramczyk selected by Saints with 32nd pick
- Raptors blow 25-point lead, but beat Bucks 92-89
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway to ban smoking in grandstands
- Pirates beat Cubs 6-5 as Ngoepe becomes first African in MLB