Green Bay, WI - From the opening tip, Algoma controlled Thursday's Division Four Semifinal game against Cuba City. Algoma eliminated the Cubans from the State Tournament 62-39.
8:30 into the game, the Wolves took a 10 point lead over the Cubans. At the half, they led by 12. Cuba City never got it closer than 9 for the rest of the game.
Chloe Pustina led Cuba City with 16 points, while Jesse Marti had 11. For Algoma, Anna Dier had 18 points, while Taylor Schmidt and Kennedy Blahnik chipped in with 13.
Cuba City ends their season with a 25-2 record.Algoma Defeats Cuba City 62-39
- Ilie Nastase suspended from tennis after Fed Cup outbursts
- Despite late runs, Cardinals beat Brewers, 6-4
- Badgers fall to Wolverines in series finale
- Thomas scores 33, Celtics beat Bulls 104-95 to tie series
- Hicks, Fulmer and Tigers rout slumping Twins 13-4
- Bronson Arroyo goes 6 innings, leads Reds over Cubs 7-5