MADISON, Wis. - Junior tailback Isaac Tuttle rushed for 195 yards and scored two of his four rushing touchdowns in the third quarter as Glenwood City exploded in the second half to upend previously unbeaten Potosi 46-21 to win the WIAA Division 7 championship Thursday at Camp Randall.
Trailing 14-12 at halftime, the Hilltoppers (11-2) scored on all three third-quarter drives, rushing for touchdowns of 35, 20 and 36.
For the quarter, Glenwood City outgained Potosi (12-1) 174-26 and 500-273 for the game.17436314
It was Glenwood City's third state championship in three appearances, but its first since winning in Division 5 in 1997.
Potosi advanced to state for the first time averaging 42 points a game. Against Glenwood City, the Chieftains were held to their second-lowest point total of the year.
- Rodgers: Cold-flu won't keep him from game vs. Falcons
- Manziel claims sobriety, targets NFL chance
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job