SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Pablo Sandoval hit a two-run homer among his three RBIs and finished a double shy of the cycle, powering the San Francisco Giants past the Milwaukee Brewers 15-5 on Sunday to match a season high with their sixth straight win.
Madison Bumgarner (16-9) followed up his one-hit gem Tuesday against Colorado with seven strikeouts in six innings to win his third straight start. The left-hander finished August at 4-1 with a 1.57 ERA.
Hunter Pence extended his NL-leading hitting streak to 13 games with a third-inning RBI double, the first of his four hits. He doubled again in the fifth and added a seventh-inning triple.
The Brewers lost their season-high fifth straight road game and dropped into a tie for the NL Central lead with St. Louis.
- Steelers' Brown to become NFL's top-paid WR with new deal
- No. 16 Wisconsin falls at Michigan State, 84-74
- No. 1 Badgers headed back to WCHA Final Face-Off
- Antetokounmpo scores 28, Bucks beat Suns 100-96
- Badgers drop border battle against No. 4 Minnesota
- Anisimov scores late to lift surging Blackhawks past Blues