SCOTTSDALE - San Francisco's Ryan Vogelsong and Milwaukee's Chris Narveson each pitched six impressive innings Wednesday and the Giants and Brewers played a neat 0-0, 10-inning tie in a game between split squads.
Vogelsong, fresh off a stint with the U.S. team in the World Baseball Classic, gave up three hits, walked one and struck out seven. Narveson had his best outing of spring training, allowing just one hit, walking none and striking out four.
The teams closers, San Francisco's Sergio Romo and Milwaukee's John Axford, both had scoreless innings. Romo gave up a hit, walked a man and struck out a batter. Axford gave up one hit.
- Australian Open: Andy Murray cruises into 4th round
- Gov. Walker declares Friday ‘Green and Gold Day'
- Adams may be game-time decision on Sunday for Green Bay
- Sprained toe won't keep Jones from playing against Packers
- Pitcher Feliz joins Brewers, in mix for closer job
- Ohio State stops Wisconsin, 70-61